As part of a decision-making process, we provide Canadians with an opportunity to have their voices heard and their views carefully considered. It is important for the public to express their concerns and opinions in open forum discussions. By sharing their views, Canadians help to determine the direction of the department's future policies, programs and services.
- Fertilizer emissions reduction target: Completed consultation
- What We Heard: Canada Grain Act Review Consultations
- Engagement with Food Industry Stakeholders on Revisions to “Product of Canada” and “Made in Canada” Labelling — What We Heard Report
- A Food Policy for Canada — consultations
- Share ideas: Toward healthier, more sustainable and more equitable food systems
Visit the Government of Canada's Consulting with Canadians website for a list of consultations currently underway in other federal departments.
Public opinion research
At Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC), public opinion research is conducted to understand the needs and views of Canadians and of producers.
It is a legal requirement under the Federal Accountability Act for all government departments and agencies to provide contracted public opinion research reports to Library and Archives Canada. The reports are submitted within six months of completion of data collection.
Visit Library and Archives Canada's website for a list of all Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada public opinion research reports.
Below are links to our most recent research.
- Canadian Promotion Campaign Baseline Survey: Final Report
- Research with Canada Brand members: Final Report
- Strategic Issues Survey and Focus Groups of Producers (Wave VI)
- Strategic Issues Survey of Food and Beverage Processors (Wave II)
- Survey on Consumer Perceptions of Food (Wave V)
- Consumer Perceptions of Food Qualitative Study
- Research on Agricultural Education Survey
If you would like more information on the public opinion research studies that Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada has conducted, you can contact the department's Public Opinion Research Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.