October 11, 2018
According to Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada's (AAFC) Medium Term Outlook 2018 (MTO), the Canadian agricultural sector is on the path of continued growth. The MTO provides a baseline projection of agricultural markets from 2017 to 2027. It looks at the future of the domestic and international agricultural sectors, and the current edition projects continued growth for the sector over the next 10 years, putting Canada within reach of its ambitious target of agriculture and food exports of $75 billion annually by 2025.
Some additional highlights from the 2018 MTO include:
- The crop sector, particularly oilseeds, is projected to see increased production and exports.
- Moderate growth is expected for the Canadian livestock sector.
- Poultry demand is projected to remain strong, and production is projected to increase throughout the medium term while consumption of eggs in Canada is also projected to continue to increase.
To request a copy of the complete publication, please contact:
Departmental Publications Service
- Want more stories like this? Explore what else Agri-info has to offer.
- Interested in reporting on this story? Contact AAFC Media Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an interview with one of our experts.
- Have a story idea or feedback to share? Get in touch at email@example.com!
- Never miss an update. Subscribe to Agri-info today.