May 4, 2017
Unpredictable weather, crop or animal disease, market volatility, high input costs: risks like these can significantly impact your farm's bottom line, and future success. The right programs and tools can minimize the impact of losses.
Business Risk Management (BRM) programs help farmers manage risks that threaten the viability of the farm. They provide protection against different types of income and production losses:
- AgriStability provides support when you experience a large margin decline.
- AgriInvest provides cash flow to help you manage income declines.
- AgriInsurance provides cost-shared insurance against natural hazards to reduce the financial impact of production or asset losses.
How Business Risk Management programs can help you
Read case studies of farms that have faced different disaster situations to learn about how BRM programs helped.
- Case Study #1: Drought increases feed costs for a Manitoba cattle producer
- Case Study #2: Manitoba cow/calf producer faces low prices and poor sales
- Case Study #3: Crops damaged by spring flooding on Manitoba farm
- Case Study #4: New Brunswick potato grower sees a drop in market demand
- Want more stories like this? Explore what else Agri-info has to offer.
- Interested in reporting on this story? Contact AAFC Media Relations at email@example.com to arrange an interview with one of our experts.
- Have a story idea or feedback to share? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Never miss an update. Subscribe to Agri-info today.