April 15, 2019
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada recently launched the Canadian Agricultural Strategic Priorities Program (CASPP), a $50.3-million, five-year program intended to replace the Canadian Agricultural Adaptation Program.
CASPP focuses on four priority areas:
- new technology adoption
- environmental sustainability
- strategic development and capacity building
- emerging issues
Examples of projects the program could support include artificial intelligence technology, tools to assess future labour and skills needs, bio-crops, environmentally sustainable farming techniques, or strategies to help the sector adapt to changes in consumer preferences.
CASPP projects must be national in scope or deal with cross-sectoral issues. Eligible applicants include not-for-profit organizations and associations, cooperatives, marketing boards and Indigenous groups.
Applications will be accepted throughout the life of the program until all available funds have been allocated.
- Want more stories like this? Explore what else Agri-info has to offer.
- Interested in reporting on this story? Contact AAFC Media Relations at email@example.com to arrange an interview with one of our experts.
- Have a story idea or feedback to share? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Never miss an update. Subscribe to Agri-info today.