The Emergency Processing Fund was designed to support food companies in Canada as they adapt to the new challenges brought about by Covid-19 to implement measures and make rapid changes to the way they worked to safeguard their employees.
The Emergency Processing Fund provides:
- Emergency COVID Response -funding to help food processors implement changes to safeguard the health and safety of workers, their families, and communities. This can include changes to assembly lines, personal protective equipment's and other measures.
- Strategic Investments - funding to help food processors improve, automate and modernize their facilities to increase Canada's food processing capacity.
The program provides funding to agricultural food processing or manufacturing organizations. Up to $5 million can be provided to help enhance worker health and safety and for domestic food processing capacity.
Eligible organizations include:
- For profit organizations that are incorporated in Canada (i.e. businesses and/or corporations, cooperatives, Indigenous groups);
- Legal entities capable of entering into a legally binding agreement;
- Companies in operation for at least two (2) years; and who are involved in agricultural food processing or manufacturing in Canada.