Do you know how Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) agricultural scientists make sure the food you eat is safe, high quality, and produced in sustainable ways?
Our talented and dedicated scientists are proudly contributing to Canadian food and agriculture in many different ways. The Fields of Science campaign showcases some of our scientists and their work in AAFC’s 20 research centres across the country. We explore how our scientists help farmers improve and protect their crops and produce food for Canadians.
- Meet a plant doctor who is making sure Canadians can “lift their glass of wine and say this is the best wine they ever tasted.”
- Learn about new technology that gives pigs a personalized meal plan to meet their nutritional needs.
- Meet the scientists that are combining potato traits to repel beetles without the help of pesticides.
Get to know our scientists and explore the work they do on a daily basis!
The AgriAssurance program is funded in part by the Canadian Agricultural Partnership, a $3-billion five-year (2018-2023), investment by federal, provincial and territorial (FPT) governments to strengthen and grow Canada's agriculture and agri-food sector.
Check out Fields of Science for videos, articles and to test your knowledge with our quiz!
Get more Agri-info
- Want more stories like this? Explore what else Agri-info has to offer.
- Interested in reporting on this story? Contact AAFC Media Relations at email@example.com to arrange an interview with one of our experts.
- Have a story idea or feedback to share? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Never miss an update. Subscribe to Agri-info today.