Strengthen your protection against severe illness caused by COVID-19. Keep up-to-date with all recommended doses of COVID-19 vaccines, including boosters. Booster doses help protect you from getting really sick by strengthening your protection against the virus.
Over time, protection from COVID-19 vaccines can decrease. A booster reminds your immune system how to protect itself and can help improve vaccine effectiveness against severe outcomes to over 90%. While it is possible to get sick with COVID-19 after getting a booster, it helps:
- strengthen your defences against the virus;
- protect you against severe illness and hospitalization; and,
- potentially reduce the risk of long-term effects caused by COVID-19.
While previous COVID-19 infection can provide some protection, up-to-date vaccinations, including booster doses offer longer-lasting protection and better effectiveness.
It’s important to know that while COVID-19 can make anyone sick, people over the age of 50 are at higher risk of complications. Getting a booster dose helps keep you safe.
Share this information with your networks and employees, including seasonal agricultural workers
- Video: Why do I need to get a COVID-19 booster dose?
- Social media images: Get the facts about COVID-19 booster doses
- Want more stories like this? Explore what else Agri-info has to offer.
- Interested in reporting on this story? Contact AAFC Media Relations at email@example.com to arrange an interview with one of our experts.
- Have a story idea or feedback to share? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Never miss an update. Subscribe to Agri-info today.