Help strengthen your defences against illness by getting up to date with all COVID-19 vaccination doses recommended for you, including booster doses.
Protection from COVID-19 vaccines can decrease over time and be less effective against currently circulating variants. A COVID-19 booster dose increases your immune response and helps remind your immune system how to protect itself.
While it is possible to get sick with COVID-19 after getting a booster, it helps:
- strengthen your body's defences against the virus; and
- provide strong protection against severe illness, hospitalization and death.
You should get vaccinated even if you've been previously infected or think you may have been infected with COVID-19. Although a previous COVID-19 infection can provide some protection, up-to-date vaccination—including booster doses—is recommended to provide longer-lasting, more effective protection against severe outcomes.
Share this information with your networks and employees, including seasonal agricultural workers.
- Video: Why do I need to get a COVID-19 booster dose?
- Social media images: Get the facts about COVID-19 booster doses
Get more Agri-info
- Want more stories like this? Explore what else Agri-info has to offer.
- Interested in reporting on this story? Contact AAFC Media Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an interview with one of our experts.
- Have a story idea or feedback to share? Get in touch at email@example.com!
- Never miss an update. Subscribe to Agri-info today.