... at a glance
- In 2020, Canadian chicken production generated $2.8 billion, contributing 4.0% of cash receipts to farming operations.
- In 2020, there were 2,837 regulated chicken producers in Canada.
- In 2020, Canada produced 1.27 billion kilograms of chicken (eviscerated weight), 60% of which was produced in Quebec and Ontario. Food availability of chicken in 2020 was 34.4 kilograms per person.
- That same year, the average chicken farm produced 258,285 kilograms of chicken meat (eviscerated weight).
- In 2020, Canada exported over 2.6 million chicks worth over $14.5 million to 39 countries. The United States was the largest market (64% in head count). Other countries included Brazil, China, Germany, Denmark and Taiwan.
- In 2020, 128 million kilograms of chicken meat and edible bi-products (fresh, chilled, frozen), worth $501 million, was exported to 50 countries, with the major destinations being the United States, Philippines and Taiwan.
Canadian federally registered plants and stations
If you have any questions or require additional information, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
Our service standards
Service standards play a vital role in our market information program’s commitment to planning, reporting and performance management. They clearly define the level of service that clients can expect under normal circumstances.
View the Service standards for poultry reports.