The Office of Audit and Evaluation (OAE) supports the Deputy Minister by providing internal audit and evaluation services and advice, managing a secretariat for the Deputy Minister's Departmental Audit Committee, and liaising with the Office of the Auditor General and other external assurance areas.
The Director General (DG) of the OAE is the Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) Chief Audit Executive and Head of Evaluation, and reports to the Deputy Minister. The DG is a member of the AAFC Governance Committees.
Services and information
Practice Management Unit
- Delivers audit and evaluation functional guidance and governance
- Provides secretariat functions for the Departmental Audit Committee
- Monitors the implementation of all audit and evaluation recommendations
- Coordinates OAE's departmental performance monitoring and reporting
Internal Audit Services
- Conducts independent and objective assessments of how well the Department's risk management, control, and governance processes are designed and working
- Assists program managers in improving their program
- Adheres to the Treasury Board Policy on Internal Audit, the Internal Auditing Standards for the Government of Canada, and the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- Conducts neutral, evidence-based evaluations to determine the ongoing relevance and performance of AAFC programs, including grants and contributions programs
- Assists program managers in better understanding if they have the right programs in place and if they are reaching their objectives
- Adheres to the Treasury Board Policy on Results, and its associated Directives and Standards
Contact the Office of Audit and Evaluation
Please direct inquiries to:
Office of Audit and Evaluation
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
National Headquarters Complex for the Agriculture Portfolio
Tower 4, 3rd floor
1341 Baseline road
Previous reports are available on request; contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a copy.