As part of a decision-making process, we provide Canadians with an opportunity to have their voices heard and their views carefully considered. It is important for the public to express their concerns and opinions in open forum discussions. By sharing their views, Canadians help to determine the direction of the department's future policies, programs and services.
- What We Heard Report - Agricultural Labour Strategy
- Share ideas: Next Agricultural Policy Framework
- Share ideas: National Agricultural Labour Strategy
- Fertilizer emissions reduction target: Completed consultation
- What We Heard: Canada Grain Act Review Consultations
- Engagement with Food Industry Stakeholders on Revisions to “Product of Canada” and “Made in Canada” Labelling — What We Heard Report
- A Food Policy for Canada — consultations
- Share ideas: Toward healthier, more sustainable and more equitable food systems
Visit the Government of Canada's Consulting with Canadians website for a list of consultations currently underway in other federal departments.
Public opinion research
At Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC), public opinion research is conducted to understand the needs and views of Canadians and of producers.
It is a legal requirement under the Federal Accountability Act for all government departments and agencies to provide contracted public opinion research reports to Library and Archives Canada. The reports are submitted within six months of completion of data collection.
Visit Library and Archives Canada's website for a list of all Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada public opinion research reports.
Below are links to our most recent research.
- 2022-23 Qualitative research on consumer perceptions of sustainability-oriented food assurance systems
- 2021-22 Consumer attitudes towards innovative agricultural technologies survey and focus groups
- 2022 Qualitative research on consumer and producer views towards sustainability in agriculture
- 2021-2022 Strategic issues survey with producers (Wave VII)
- 2021-2022 Strategic issues survey of food and beverage processors (Wave III)
- 2022 Vietnam consumer perceptions of Canadian food and seafood products
- Creative concepts in support of the AgriCommunication Campaign : qualitative research
- Canadian promotion campaign baseline survey: final report
- Research with Canada brand members: final report
- Strategic issues survey and focus groups of producers (Wave VI)
- Strategic issues survey of food and beverage processors (Wave II)
- Survey on consumer perceptions of food (Wave V)
- Consumer perceptions of food qualitative study
- Research on agricultural education survey
If you would like more information on the public opinion research studies that Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada has conducted, you can contact the department's Public Opinion Research Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.