Step 1. What this program offers
Intake period: Open
The application intake period for the program is open.
As part of the Government of Canada’s strengthened climate plan, A Healthy Environment and a Healthy Economy, the new Agricultural Clean Technology (ACT) Program aims to create an enabling environment for the development and adoption of clean technology that will help drive the changes required to achieve a low-carbon economy and promote sustainable growth in Canada’s agriculture and agri-food sector.
The ACT Program offers support under 2 streams:
- Research and Innovation Stream
- Adoption Stream
Research and Innovation Stream
The Research and Innovation Stream will support pre-market innovation, including research, development, demonstration and commercialization activities, to develop transformative clean technologies and enable the expansion of current technologies, in 3 priority areas:
- Green energy and energy efficiency
- Precision agriculture
Eligible activities under the Research and Innovation Stream are of the following nature and type:
- Applied research and development of clean technologies
- Piloting and evaluating clean technologies
- Demonstration and knowledge and technology transfer activities
- Commercializing and scaling up clean technologies
- Other activities that support the Research and Innovation Stream as determined by the program
Support is available in the form of repayable and non-repayable contributions from Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada.