- Step 1. What this program offers
- Step 2. Who is eligible
- Step 3. How to apply
- Step 4. After you apply
- Frequently asked questions
- Contact information
Step 2. Who is eligible
The Price Pooling Program is open to any marketing agency that meets the definition in Section 2(1) of the Agricultural Marketing Programs Act:
- an association of producers whose objective is the marketing, under a cooperative plan, of agricultural products produced by the producers
- a person engaged in the processing of agricultural products for marketing under a cooperative plan
- a person authorized by one or more associations or persons mentioned in paragraphs (a) and (b) to market agricultural products under a single cooperative plan
An association of producers would include cooperatives, corporations, partnerships, associations and marketing boards. A processor is an organization involved in the processing, conversion or preparation of an agricultural product for marketing.
To qualify, the marketing agency must market the agricultural product or value-added product under a cooperative plan. Revenues derived from the sale of the agricultural product(s) are pooled with producers receiving equal returns based on products of like grade, variety and type.
Any agricultural product that is produced in Canada and delivered to the pool can be covered under the Price Pooling Program. Agricultural products are defined as:
- an animal, a plant or an animal or plant product
- a product, including any food or drink that is wholly or partly derived from an animal or plant
There are no user fees charged to the producer or the marketing agency for the use of this program. However, the marketing agency must meet the program eligibility requirements.