Current status: Open
The Next Policy Framework (NPF) is a five-year (2023–2028) investment by federal, provincial and territorial (FPT) governments to strengthen and grow Canada's agriculture and agri-food sector. It will replace the Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP), which ends March 31, 2023.
FPT governments will consult with Canadians, including stakeholders such as producers, processors, Indigenous communities, women in agriculture, youth, environmental organizations, and small and emerging sectors to develop the Framework.
Initial consultations on the NPF will seek stakeholder feedback on both current and potential challenges and opportunities facing the sector and on prospective priorities and vision for the NPF.
Join the conversation
Share your experiences and ideas for the Next Policy Framework. Some questions you may wish to consider include
- What new elements need to be considered for the Next Policy Framework?
- What challenges and opportunities, both current and emerging, do you see for the sector?
- What is working well with the Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP)?
- Where can improvements be found?
Provide your input
Next Policy Framework
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
1341 Baseline Road, Tower 7
Floor 5, Room 300
Join the discussion on social media
- Follow us on Twitter @AAFC_Canada or use #AgNPF
- Facebook at Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada Facebook
Updates on the Framework, including opportunities to view feedback summaries, will be available here throughout 2021–2022.