- Step 1. What this program offers
- Step 2. Eligibility
- Step 3. Before you apply
- Step 4. How to apply
- Step 5. Complete the application and apply
- Step 6. After you apply
- Contact information
Step 6. After you apply
1. We'll send you an acknowledgement notice
After you submit your application, an acknowledgement notice will be sent to you.
You should not consider your application to be submitted to the program until you receive the acknowledgment notice.
Please note that even if all eligibility criteria are met, the submission of an application creates no obligation on the part of the Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) to provide funding for the project.
2. We'll assess your application
After your application is received, we will verify that all required forms and declarations have been completed accurately and there is sufficient detail in the application for a full assessment.
- If deemed complete, a full review and assessment of your application against the principles and criteria of the program will be carried out by assessors including program administrators and other technical reviewers within AAFC and, in some cases, other federal departments and the provincial and territorial governments.
- If deemed incomplete, your application will be placed on hold and a notice will be sent to you to ask for more detailed information
At any point after you apply, we may contact you for more information. If you don't provide the information requested, we may not be able to consider your application further.
3. We'll send you a contribution agreement
If you're approved for funding, a program officer will go over the details of the approval, including activities and funding levels, as well as the start and end dates. You will also work with the program officer to negotiate the details of the contribution agreement you must sign to receive funding.
Note: even if an approval is granted, AAFC does not have the authority to reimburse recipients for costs incurred until a contribution agreement is signed.
You can track the status of your application
Access your program information to track the status of your application.
Reports you must provide
Should you be approved for funding, you must report on finances, performance and results. These reports include:
- Progress reports — reports describing the activities completed and progress made towards the completion of activities described in the project work plan
- Performance Reports — annual and end-of-year reports that track progress against mutually agreed to performance measures outlined in the contribution agreement
- Financial Reports — reporting is required with each request for reimbursement of expenditures, in addition to year-end accounting and other financial reports
- Other reports that we ask for
Our goal is to:
- respond to general inquiries made to our phone number or email address before the end of the next business day
- acknowledge receipt of your application within 1 business day
- assess your application and send you an approval or a rejection notification letter within 75 business days of receiving a complete application package