Step 6. After you apply
1. We'll send you an acknowledgement notice
After you submit your application, an acknowledgement notice will be sent to you.
Please note that even if a project meets all eligibility criteria, the submission of an application creates no obligation on the part of the Minister or of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada officials to provide funding for the proposed project. The Minister retains discretion to determine, based on other public policy and public interest considerations, whether an application that meets the criteria will ultimately receive funding.
2. We'll assess your application
You'll be asked to provide other documentation if your project is prioritized for further assessment. Once requested, you’ll have 15 business days in which to provide the information before the application is closed.
We may contact you for details on your application or additional information, where deemed necessary for assessment.
3. We'll send you a notification letter
Once the assessment process is complete, we'll send you an approval or a rejection notification letter. If your project is approved for funding, the letter will specify the level of funding awarded and outline any other conditions that may apply. A program representative will then work with you to begin a contribution agreement.
Once a project application package has been submitted for consideration, the program's goal is to:
- acknowledge receipt of an application within 2 to 5 business days
- verify that all required forms and declarations have been completed with sufficient detail
- identify incomplete applications and provide applicants 15 business days to submit the missing information before the application is closed
- request any further information from you during the assessment and put the application on hold until the information is supplied. You will have 30 business days to provide the requested information after which your application will be closed (that is, projects cannot be on hold for more than 30 consecutive business days).
- assess an application and send an approval or a rejection notification letter within 100 business days of receiving a complete application package (not counting any days when the program is waiting for information from you and the assessment is on-hold).
Should your application be approved, you'll be invited to enter into a contribution agreement with AAFC.