Learn how Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) engages in science and technology cooperation with partner countries such as the United States, EU and Brazil. We also work with international organizations to access knowledge and technology and leverage science capacity to advance Canada's interests in multilateral conventions, treaties, protocols, and institutions. For example, we work on:
- Global agricultural issues:
- Bio-diversity and bio-resources:
- Commission on genetic resources for food and agriculture (CGRFA)
- International treaty on plant genetic resources for food and agriculture (ITPGRFA)
- Convention on biological diversity (CBD)
- Biodiversity international
- International platform on biodiversity and ecological Services (IPBES)
- Group of 20 (G20) Wheat Initiative
- Agri-environment issues:
- International programs to develop agricultural agenda:
Scientific co-operation and opportunities to collaborate
Canadian scientists and experts in agriculture and agri-food have the opportunity to participate in research exchange programs offered by other countries and international organizations:
International students, scientists and experts can apply to work on research projects at AAFC's agricultural research centres.
For more information please contact: Science Partnerships Division.