Statistics on dairy animal genetics in Canada.
Dairy animal registrations
Reports on the number of registrations of dairy cows and goats registered as purebred or non-purebred in accordance with the Animal Pedigree Act. This section also provides animal registration information from artificial insemination sires as well as embryo transfers. These reports are available in various formats.
Animal registrations in Canada (Annual)
- Animal registrations in Canada (D043A)
- Female registrations in Canada (D043B)
- Male registrations in Canada (D043C)
- Registrations of animals from artificial insemination sires in Canada (D043D)
- Registrations of animals from embryo transfer in Canada (D043E)
Animal registrations by province (Annual)
- Animal registrations by province (D043A1)
- Female registrations by province (D043A2)
- Animal registrations by breed and by province (D043B1)
- D043B2 Female registrations by breed and by province (D043B2)
Open data portal
Animal registrations and transfers
Animal registrations and transfers for purebred and non-purebred animals, including those animals' species, breeds, genders, quantities, and their origins.
Enrollments on milk recording
Reports on the numbers and percentages of dairy cows and herds enrolled on official and management programs as well as average herd sizes in various formats. numbers and percentages of dairy cows and herds in Canada enrolled in official and management programs. This section also contains average herd sizes.
Official - Supervised records
Recognized as an official milk recording service by the breed associations and the dairy industry. Minimum of 8 tests (24 hour, supervised with samples) or 10 tests required per year. Dairy Herd Improvement Field Staff required for all tests (if only 8/year), or half of the tests (if at least 10/year).
Management - Unsupervised records
Recognized as an unofficial milk recording service by the dairy industry. Production data accumulated for management purposes only. No minimum number of tests required per year. Dairy herd improvement field staff can assist as requested by producer.
Dairy genetics - Enrollments on milk recording programs (Annual)
- Cows and herds enrolled on milk recording programs (D041-1)
- Percentage of dairy cows and herds enrolled on milk recording programs (D041-2)
- Average size of herds enrolled on milk recording programs (D041-3)
Artificial insemination sire usage by age at insemination
Monthly and annual trends in artificial insemination sire usage in Canada, organized by age at insemination.
- Artificial insemination sire usage by age at insemination Monthly (D044B) / Annual (D044A)
- Report displays the annual trend of artificial insemination sire usage by age at insemination, for up to 5 years for the monthly report and 10 years for the annual report.
This section houses reports on the average production based on milk recording records
This page represents the main culling and replacement rates in Canada
If you have any questions or require additional information, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org