- Step 1. What this program offers
- Step 2. Eligibility
- Step 3. Before you apply
- Step 4. How to apply
- Step 5. Complete the application and apply
- Step 6. After you apply
- Contact information
Step 6. After you apply
1. We'll send you an acknowledgement notice
After you submit your application, an acknowledgement notice will be sent to you.
You should not consider your application to be submitted to the program until you receive the acknowledgment notice.
Please note that even if a project meets all eligibility criteria, the submission of an application creates no obligation on the part of the Minister or of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada officials to provide funding for the proposed project. The Minister retains discretion to determine, based on other public policy and public interest considerations, whether an application that meets the criteria will ultimately receive funding.
2. We'll assess your application
We may contact you for details on your application or additional information, where deemed necessary for assessment.
Once the assessment process is complete, you will be sent an approval or a rejection notification letter. If your project is approved for funding, the letter will specify the level of funding awarded and outline any other conditions that may apply. A program representative will then work with you to begin a contribution agreement.
You can track the status of your application
Access your program information to track the status of your application.
Reports you must provide
Should your application be approved, you must complete reports which include:
- Progress reports — reports describing the activities completed and progress made towards activities described in the project work plan
- Performance reports — annual and end-of-project reports that track progress against mutually agreed to performance measures outlined in the contribution agreement
- Financial reports
- financial reporting for each request for reimbursement of expenditures, and other financial reports (for more information, refer to cost categories)
- annual reporting on repayable contributions to verify their compliance with their contribution agreements (include a repayment schedule, where applicable)
- annual reporting during the project phase to make sure that adequate project management, and where applicable during the repayment phase, establishes compliance with the terms of the contribution agreement
- Other reports that we ask for
Our goal is to:
- respond to general inquiries made to our email address before the end of the next business day
- send you an email to acknowledge receipt of your project summary form or project application form within 1 business day
- assess your project summary form and let you know if you're invited to submit a project application form within 30 business days of receiving your project summary form
- assess your application and send you an approval or a rejection notification letter within 100 business days of receiving a complete application package.