Step 4. After you apply
1. Your application is verified
After your application is received, a program officer verifies that all required forms and declarations have been completed and there is sufficient detail in the application for a full assessment.
2. Your application is reviewed
A full review and assessment of your application against the principles and criteria of the program will be carried out by assessors including program administrators and other technical reviewers within Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC).
At any point after you apply, AAFC may contact you for more information.
Should your application be approved, a program officer will communicate with you to go over the details of the approval including activities, funding levels as well as start and end dates. The program officer will then follow up with you to negotiate the details and enter into a Contribution Agreement. It should be noted that even if an approval is granted, AAFC does not have the authority to reimburse recipients for costs incurred until a Contribution Agreement is signed.
Once you submit an application, AAFC's goal is to achieve its service standards at a minimum of 80% of the time under normal circumstances:
- acknowledge receipt of your application within 1 business day
- respond to general inquiries made by phone or email before the end of the next business day
- assess your application and send you an approval or a rejection notification letter typically within 100 business days of the application being deemed complete