- Step 1. What this program offers
- Step 2. Who is eligible
- Step 3. Before you apply
- Step 4. How to apply
- Step 5. After you apply
- Applicant guide
- Contact information
Step 1. What this program offers
Intake period: Open
There is currently a high volume of applications submitted to the program. Processing times are currently longer than the published service standards.
The Government of Canada has announced its commitment to provide compensation for supply-managed sectors for the impacts of the Canada-United States-Mexico Agreement (CUSMA). Additional details are expected to be made available in the spring of 2023.
The Poultry and Egg On-Farm Investment Program (PEFIP) aims to help supply-managed poultry and egg producers adapt to market changes resulting from the implementation of the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP). The program supports on-farm investments in:
- increasing efficiency or productivity
- improving on-farm food safety and biosecurity
- improving environmental sustainability
- responding to consumer preferences (improving animal welfare, adopting alternative housing systems, transitioning to organic production, etc.)
PEFIP will provide non-repayable contributions of almost $647 million over 10 years. The funding allocations include:
- $347.3 million for chicken producers
- $76.9 million for turkey producers
- $134 million for egg producers
- $88.6 million for broiler hatching egg producers
Applicants have the flexibility to seek funding for eligible activities that started on or after March 19, 2019. The project activities must be completed by March 31, 2031.