An interim payment is based on estimates of your program year production margin and reference margin. To receive an interim payment, your estimated production margin must decline by more than 30% of your estimated reference margin.
To be eligible to apply for a 2023 interim payment, you must have:
- completed a production cycle (unless you could not due to reasons beyond your control such as disaster circumstances like drought or flooding)
- completed 6 consecutive months of farming activity
- enrolled in AgriStability for 2023
Use the forms and guide below to apply for an interim payment. The deadline to submit a 2023 interim payment application is March 31, 2024.
- 2023 AgriStability Program Interim Payment Application Guide
- 2023 AgriStability Interim Payment Application Form
- 2023 AgriStability 2022 Interim Payment Application – Schedule 1 Additional Information
- 2023 AgriStability Interim Application Schedule 2 – Worksheet for 2022 Reference Margin
If you receive an interim payment, you must submit a final 2023 application by December 31, 2024 so your final AgriStability benefit can be calculated. If you do not submit the final 2023 application by the deadline, or if your interim payment exceeds your final benefit, you will have to repay any interim benefits you received.
For more information on interim payments, see How are interim payments and targeted advance payments calculated.