Other sub-sector reports
... at a glance
- In 2021, Canada produced turkey products worth $397.1 million, contributing 0.5% of cash receipts to farming operations.
- In 2020, there were 515 regulated turkey producers in Canada.
- In 2021, Canada produced 150.1 million kilograms of turkey (eviscerated weight). Per capita disappearance of turkey in 2020 was at 3.8 kilograms, 3.6% below 2019.
- In 2021, the average turkey farm produced 291,465 kilograms of turkey meat (eviscerated weight).
- In 2021, Canada exported over 8.3 million poults (young turkey) worth $28.8 million to 13 countries. The United States was the largest market (92.1% in head count). Other countries included South Korea, China and Guatemala.
- That same year, 16.5 million kilograms of turkey meat and edible bi-products (fresh, chilled, frozen), worth more than $70.6 million, was exported to 40 countries, with the largest importers being the United States, South Africa, Trinidad and Tobago, and the Philippines.
- Industry indicators
- Imports and exports
- Inter-provincial movements
- Storage stocks
Canadian federally registered plants and stations
- Codes of practice for the care and handling of farm animals - Chickens, turkeys and breeders from hatchery to processing plant
- Raising chicken and turkey broilers in Canada
If you have any questions or require additional information, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our service standards
Service standards play a vital role in our market information program’s commitment to planning, reporting and performance management. They clearly define the level of service that clients can expect under normal circumstances.