Agri-environmental indicators (AEIs) are measures of key environmental conditions, risks, and changes resulting from agriculture and of the management practices that producers use to mitigate these risks. They help explain:
- how the agriculture sector is performing
- why it is performing as it is
- whether that performance is satisfactory
- how it is likely to evolve in the future
We have been compiling and analyzing data and reporting on AEIs since 1993, but we use data from as far back as 1981. This is report series 5.
Air quality and greenhouse gas indicators
Soil health indicators
- Soil Erosion Risk Indicator
- Soil organic matter indicator
- Soil salinization indicator
Water quality indicators
If you have questions or feedback on these indicators, please email us at aafc.SM-MD.firstname.lastname@example.org. Under normal circumstances, our goal is to provide an estimated delivery date for information products within 3 business days.